A forest officer appointed to take care of the king's woods; a forester. [Eng.] [1913 Webster]
A sportsman; a hunter. [1913 Webster] [The duke] is a better woodman than thou takest him for. --Shak. [1913 Webster]
One who cuts down trees; a woodcutter. [1913 Webster] Woodman, spare that tree. --G. P. Morris. [1913 Webster]
One who dwells in the woods or forest; a bushman. [1913 Webster]
1 someone who lives in the woods [syn: woodsman]
- Andrew Woodman is a worship leader based in Milton, north of Cambridge, England.
- Andrew J. Woodman is a goalkeeper for Rushden & Diamonds.
- Arturo Woodman Pollit is a Peruvian engineer and politician.
- Francesca Woodman was an experimental photographer in the 70s and early 80s.
- Frederick T. Woodman was a U.S. political figure who served as mayor of Los Angeles between 1916 and 1919.
- Marion Woodman is a mythopoetic women's movement figure and a Jungian analyst.
- Pierre Woodman is a French porn director.
- Richard Woodman is an English novelist and naval historian.
- Robert William Woodman, rock drummer, known as Bobbie Clarke
- Trevor Woodman is an English rugby union footballer.
- Dr. William Robert Woodman was one of three co-founders of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.
- Woodman can refer to The Tin Woodsman from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
- The Tin Woodman of Oz is the twelfth Land of Oz book written by L. Frank Baum.
- Wood Man is a Robot Master from the Mega Man games.
- Tin Woodman is a short sci-fi book written by Dennis Bailey and David Bischoff in 1979.
- Woodman (horse) - Thoroughbred racehorse
woodman in German: Woodman
woodman in French: Woodman